- Tourism attractions, golf, ski tickets, etc. pay as much as 40% of their gross to attract travelling consumers.
- The travel category is the most competitive category on the web, even more than adult content & gambling.
- Local merchants highly receptive on gaining access to hotel guests, but leery of typical monthly display-rate costs.
- They are all open to ‘Cost-per-click’ & ‘Cost-per-action’ operation, as standardized by Google.
- Hotel to share in proceeds of merchant advertising revenues!
Tourism sector represents 40% to 60% of the total global advertising expenditure, ahead of ‘Porn & Gambling’